Re: [Evolution] Junk handling wishlist

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 13:12 -0400, Sal Valente wrote:
When I see an old message in some folder other than the Junk folder, I
know that one of three things has happened.  Either:

1. bogofilter said the message was 100% ham, and the message was
learned.
2. bogofilter said the message was 50% ham, and then I clicked "Not
Junk",
   and the message was learned.
3. bogofilter said the message was 50% ham, and the message has not been
   learned.

Are you sure that's how it works?  How did you discover that?  The way I
thought it worked was every message that comes in gets classified as ham
or spam, and is learned that way in the bogofilter DB.

Then, if you take a ham message and click "Junk" the message is removed
from the DB as ham and reclassified as spam.  Alternatively, if you take
a spam message and click "Not Junk", the message is removed from the DB
as spam and reclassified as ham.

This matches what I've seen in Evo, and the user interface presented.
It means there's never any confusing concept of "unlearned" messages.
Every message is either one or the other, and if bogofilter gets it
wrong you correct it to keep your DB more accurate going forward.

It may be that things work differently before you have trained 200
messages, I'm not sure (it's been so many years since I was in that
position that I can't remember how it worked :-))