Re: [Evolution] suddenly empty sent folder

On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 20:22 -0400, Carpet Nailz wrote:
I found the email--somehow they got into a new sub-folder under one of
the other main folders! I know I didn't create that sub-folder not did I
move any email to it!

I've dragged that subfolder up to the old main Sent folder but can't
seem to get the emails back into the main Sent folder. I tried to copy
and past them into it but nothing would paste.

On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 20:15 -0400, Carpet Nailz wrote:
> Any idea what might cause my "Sent" folder to be suddenly empty? All the
> other folder are OK. Last time I looked there were probably over 1000
> emails in the folder, so I can't have selected all of them and deleted
> them--at any rate they would then be in the "Trash" folder, which hasn't
> been emptied for several days.
>
> I've tried restarting Evolution, but that didn't help.
>
> Thanks.
I once tried dragging an IMAP folder (gmail) to another location and had it "disappear" on me.  I finally figured it out by logging into Gmail and seeing much more clearly where the folder went.  It seems that with Evo, it is much safer to move folders by right-clicking and selecting "Move...".  I don't know if that's what happened in your case, but it's worth checking out.  You might've even accidentally clicked and dragged while the mouse was over the folder.