Re: [Evolution] Stuck in file file Migration

On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 13:59 -0700, Tom Hunter wrote:
Hi ...

Ok, I am a happy camper again. Akhil's information resolved the
migration issue.  Thanks to all. I am now running EVO 2.28. My next
issue will be how to merge my TB email back into EVO.   Time now to do
some research on this.

Thanks All,

... TomH

I believe that TB uses plain mbox files.
I tend to keep my evolution local mail in maildir format

I think something along the lines of the following conversions have
worked for me in the past.  Note that these are moves, the originating
file will be empty/removed after the invocation.

I generally copy the mbox file to /tmp and use it in the move.
Don't forget evolution --force-shutdown first.

movemail is part of GNU mailutils package.

copy original mbox file to cur.mbox then
 movemail  "/tmp/cur.mbox"  "maildir:///tmp/newMaildir"

convert from maildir to mbox
copy original maildir folder to newMaildir then
movemail  "maildir:///tmp/newMaildir"  "/tmp/cur.mbox"

As a quick test, i just copied an old TB Local Folders/Sent file to /tmp
and ran
 movemail Sent "maildir:///tmp/newMaildir"

then
mutt -f /tmp/newMaildir

and it looks to be fine.