Re: [Evolution] Evolution problems after installing Ubuntu 9.10

On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 16:21 +0100, Stefan Nieuwinckel wrote:
I recently installed Ubuntu 9.10 (replacing a 9.04 installation).
The installation sucked a little bit, and I had to resume the
installation 'somewhere in the middle'.
Now, everything works fine, except Evolution. It starts like it
should, but I cann't send or receive e-mail. It always gives the
message 'Host lookup failed' (in dutch: Host opzoeken mislukt)

        Hi,
it seems it has trouble with resolution of your host name. It should
work as long as you are able to ping your mail server as set in account
preferences. Try to check also your system proxy setup (the one in
Evolution doesn't influence mail receiving). Maybe your SOCKS setup is
not correct.
        Hope that helps,
        Milan