Re: [Evolution] scalabilty issues resolved in next major release (2.6.28)?

Peter and Brian: I think you should reserve your angry complaints to
your resellers, if any.

Brian: Your bug report 582945, is one that requires quite a bit of
work just to reproduce and the very nature of the bug might prevent it
from getting a very high priority. You say it only affects users with
hundreds of thousands of mails in their inboxes? Would you agree that
most people doesn't have several hundred thousand mails in their
inboxes, even the ones that use email on a regular basis?

Further, you complain about having reported this bug more than a month
ago and that nothing has happened. However, look at your own bug
report; you suggest that the developer subscribe to a lot of
mailinglists and just build himself a large mailbox in order to
reproduce this "sluggish behaviour" You would have to subscribe to
some fairly heavy loaded mailinglists for your inbox to grow to 418k
messages in a month, wouldn't you? And then the bug hunt is supposed
to begin. In the mid of summer. I think your expectations are a bit
high, don't you?

Oh, and by the way:

[snip] "...aggregates all of my newsgroups says there are 418389 messages in it
with 418344 unread (i.e. only 5 unread messages -- yeah right).  However
I know the difference bet..." [snip]

This suggests to me like you may have a buggy calculator too, or something.

Best wishes,

Jo-Erlend Schinstad