Re: [Evolution] GAL URI??

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 00:37, Jeff Singleton <JSingleton airdefense net> wrote:
Is galldap:// a true protocol that MAPI can use? Not that I could not find
anywhere on the net!! galldap:// does not appear to be a viable protocol for
pulling GAL data.
In fact ldap:// alone will not work without first registering the protocol
in so your browser knows what to do with it..
Can someone shed some light on this?  I can file a bug on this one but
wanted to verify it first.

the "Global Address List" you see under your contacts list is a dummy.
It was decided to drop the LDAP based GAL when we moved from the
e-d-s/evolution EXCHANGE_MAPI_BRANCH to evolution-mapi module as we
wanted a proper MAPI-based GAL implementation.
Patches are welcome ;-)

In short, evolution-mapi does not have a GAL implemented yet. You can
configure a new addressbook of type LDAP, for your GAL.

-Suman