Re: [Evolution] Spell-checker underlines even the words correctly spelled

Sorry if I've missed a prior post on this and any subsequent
answers, but since upgrading Xubuntu from 8.04 to 8.10, Evo's
email editor consistently underlines all words, not just those
incorrectly spelled. And now for the obligatory cliche: It worked
just fine under 8.04.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? And the fix?

It's a bug in 2.24.0 that occurs when you have multiple dictionaries
enabled.  It's already been fixed in 2.24.1.

Thanks Matthew, and interesting. I'm running 2.24.1 and only have US
English checked as a dictionary preference. I still have the problem.
That could mean that a trip to the bug-reporting arena is in order...

I saw the same or a very similar problem yesterday on 2.24.1, after
upgrading a laptop from Ubuntu 8.04 to 8.10 (which took Evo from
2.22.3.1 to 2.24.1). Every single word in a draft email was underlined
in red.

I either had one or zero languages ticked under Edit -> Preferences ->
Composer Preferences -> Spell checking. I think I had one language
ticked, I think it was "English (Australia)", but I'm not 100% certain
about that.

Anyway, I then ticked "English", "English (Australia)", "English
(Canada)", "English (United Kingdom)", "English (United States)" - since
I figure the English language we actually use is a composite of all
these variants and more anyway - and then the spell checking worked as
per normal.

Out of curiosity, I have just tried changed it back to having only
"English (Australia)" to see what happens, and now it's working fine.
So, sounds like maybe first time Evo 2.24.1 is run after an upgrade,
with one language selected (or maybe just one English variant), that
every word can be underlined as red, but if you change the languages,
then change it back, then it works as per expected ... ?

-- All the best,
Nick.