Re: [Evolution] How can I force plaintext?

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 14:31 +0100, Alastair Douglas wrote:
Anyway, I can use the Prefer Plaintext plugin to convert basic HTML
emails to text but I can't use it to convert complex HTML emails to
text - especially ones that use tables for layout. Since our
infinitely wise team here decided before I joined that project updates
should go in HTML I am now in the situation where I either can't read
about project updates or I have to put up with people sending me blue
emails (the least of several crimes)

The Prefer-Plain-Text doesn't convert anything.  HTML emails are
typically sent with both HTML and plain-text parts embedded within.  The
plugin simply shows you the plain-text part instead of the HTML part.
If you select a message and do View -> Message Source you can see both
parts in their raw form.

If information is being lost in the plain-text part of the email, it's
an issue with the sender's email client.  Evolution can only display
what it receives.

Matthew Barnes