Re: [Evolution] Priming Evolution's Palm Synch (CHAS M NORTON)

Hi Charles,

You wrote:

"Synching my Palm Trio with Evolution works perfectly. But, there is
only one catch. I have to start Evolution; select Edit -->
Synchronization Options; and select my conduit. "

You do not have to go as far as the Conduit, merely highlighting your
user name in the box before closing will do it.

That said, it would be nice to see Evolution Pilot always on from
program start-up for those who have elected to install it. The
reasonable assumption is that you install evo-pilot because you have a
Palm device to synch.

What would be really cool would be to see funambol and Evo get together
so that whatever PDA you choose to use will "just work".  Including the
future Linux driven PDAs. The Sharp Zaurus (for all intents, extinct)
was a Linux OS  based  PDA which synched perfectly with Windows, but was
a hard task with a Linux PC.  We need to make sure that sort of mess
never happens again.

Andrew Greig

Melbourne, Australia