Re: [Evolution] Evo started asking for Keyring password every time I start Evo

I also have this problem.  It started with a recent Evolution patch that
Update Manager installed around 5/30/08.  Someone on Ubuntu forums made the
observation that this seems to occur if you set your OS to auto-login.  If
you disable auto-login then Evolution does not ask for keyring password.  I
tried this and it worked for me.  So for me, I can either auto-login, then
type in keyring password the first time I load Evolution (I don't have to
type in any passwords after the first time); or I can disable auto-login and
not be prompted for keyring password when I launch Evolution.  I understand
this is a workaround, but thought I would mention it in the event it helps
you out.

Regards,
Tim

Swarup wrote:

Hello,

1. In the last two days or so, Evo has begun requesting the keyring
password every time I open Evo afresh. Here is the first message I get
when I try to open Evo these days:

"Enter password for default keyring to unlock

The application 'evolution' (/user/bin/evolution) wants access to the
default keyring. But it is locked.

PASSWORD ______________"

And then after I put in my Ubuntu PW, Evo opens.

But even then as soon as I try to send any mail, it asks for my SMTP
password-- which it never used to do. I have to put it in several times
before it accepts, and sends my mail.

Neither of these pw's have ever been requested for the last 18 months,
until the past 2-3 days. Any idea what is going on, and how to fix it?

2. During the same period of time, I noticed that when I give the order
to transfer a piece of mail from one folder to another, then a line is
placed through the piece of mail (like a cross-out line)-- but it
doesn't move to the other folder until I myself switch my view to any
other folder. And THEN the mail moves. If I give order for 5 pieces of
mail to be moved together, then 4 of the pieces move and the last one
remains in the original folder with a cross-out line through it until I
switch my view to another folder. Any idea why this is happening, and
how to fix it?

Thanks,
Swarup