Re: [Evolution] Strange behavior with new Evolution

MHR Wrote:

I just upgraded both my home and work machines from CentOS 5.1 to
CentOS 5.2, and I am now running Evolution 2.12.3, and I'm seeing some
really strange results.  The most annoying one was that saving a
message from my Inbox to a folder seems to take forever now, where it
used to be a really quick operation.

But the absolute worst problem is that my email addresses no longer
get auto-completed.

mhr

Good grief Charlie Brown!

That is not a new Evolution, just newer than what you had.  Iam running
2.22.0 and there are some, I think, who are running 2.25.x.  The
problems that you are experiencing may be fixed by now.  But the problem
of no "auto-completion" may be that with the fresh install you need to
cruise through your preferences and select the check box for auto
complete.

Also, make sure that your /etc/hosts file has entries like:
[andrew andrew ~]$ cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1               andrew.foo.home andrew localhost
192.168.0.22            RicohAficio.foo.home RicohAficio
#               generated by drakhosts
192.168.0.70            Chris.foo.home Chris
192.168.0.32            Lexmark.foo.home Lexmark

to make sure you have no hold ups in your internal networking.  First
line is the one.

Cheers
Andrew