Re: [Evolution] Spamfiltering with evolution - NO LONGER WORKS

I have to agree ... Evolution has become a non-option for me when
trying to pitch a linux desktop to corp offices. It just does not
play.

3 or more years ago, EVO had lots of promise. Now, it is mostly a
clunky interface with a few intriguing features but too far behind to
be relevant. It's too bad.

"Too far behind"  - what on earth does that mean.  Evo works perfectly
fine for me - I use it day in, day out - very, very few crashes.  I read
five different email accounts with it, take address books from three
different sources and integrate calendars from a further five places.
This is all with 2.12.3 on Fedora 8.

Just because one small bit of it doesn't work perfectly for you, don't
crap on the whole thing.  Personally, I don't care that it won't talk to
Exchange 2007 - and to some extent I resent the time that the developers
are forced to spend chasing 'upgrades' to closed proprietary software -
I want them to spend time on getting a reliable CalDAV interface for one
thing!  Remember, it wasn't that long ago that the exchange connector
was a paid for option to Evo, not an open source *free* integrated
plugin.  As Paul Smith said - if you are unhappy with the software, take
it back to where you bought it and get a refund.

P.