Re: [Evolution] Compiling Evolution & evolution-mapi from source on Ubuntu Intrepid

Now I have managed to get through at least all of the configure steps to
build evolution-mapi. I still have a compile problem there but that's
another issue.

I have written down the steps I did to build on Ubuntu. Maybe some of
this is "Wiki-material".

== Intrepid ==

These packages needs to be installed (maybe others, these are the ones
that I needed to install in addition to the ones I already had on my
system). If something is missing, you usually get a stop error telling
you which package. You normally need <package name>-dev. Sometimes you
have to be a bit creative matching the error message to a Ubuntu
package.

 build-essential python-dev libtalloc-dev flex autoconf tdb-dev bison
libpopt-dev libtool intltool gtk-doc-tools libgconf2-dev libsqlite3-dev
libgnomeui-dev libenchant-dev

These were also suggested on
http://www.go-evolution.org/Compiling_Evolution_from_SVN#On_Ubuntu for
Gutsy so I installed them

 libxt-dev texinfo libgdbm-dev texi2html libnss3-dev libnspr4-dev

Do this in the console you are compiling from

 export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/samba/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
 export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$HOME/opt/gnome2/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

 svn checkout http://svn.gnome.org/svn/evolution/trunk evolution
 svn checkout http://svn.gnome.org/svn/evolution-data-server/trunk
evolution-data-server
 svn checkout http://svn.gnome.org/svn/gtkhtml/trunk gtkhtml
 svn checkout http://svn.gnome.org/svn/libsoup/trunk libsoup

For libsoup & gtkhtml I installed with these parameters

 ./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/opt/gnome2
 make
 make install

evolution-data-server, e-d-s

 ./autogen --without-weather --enable-gnome-keyring=yes --prefix=
$HOME/opt/gnome2

evolution

 ./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/opt/gnome2 --enable-nntp=yes
--enable-test-component=yes --enable-nss=yes --enable-smime=yes
--enable-plugins=all --without-weather

evolution-mapi

Follow workflow on Follow workflow on
http://www.go-evolution.org/MAPIProvider
 but first install gnome-common

 svn co http://svn.gnome.org/svn/gnome-common/trunk gnome-common
 cd gnome-common
 ./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/opt/gnome2
 make && make install
 cd ..
 export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/opt/gnome2/bin/

For evolution-mapi I changed autogen prefix

 ./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/opt/gnome2
 make
 make install

Script to start Evolution

 #!/bin/sh
 export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/samba/lib/pkgconfig:
$HOME/opt/gnome2/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
 export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/opt/gnome2/bin:/usr/local/samba/bin
 $HOME/opt/gnome2/bin/evolution