Re: [Evolution] Global Inbox

On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 05:12 +0300, ÎÎÎÎÎÎÏ ÎÎÏÎÎÏÎÏ wrote:
hello

I used to use Thunderbird, but as i want something more complete to
manage my affairs, i turned to Evolution wich comes anyhow built-in with
Ubuntu. But i realised that there is no simple way to seperate inbox
mails of more than 1 accounts. As it is called on Thunderbird, it uses
"Global Inbox".

But i can see in this picture
http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/images/screenshots/2.4/read-mail.png
that the person who took the screenshot has seperates the "inboxes". I
think that he managed it using filters, but, which exactlly is the
configuration of the filters to achieve that?

No.  That is the account layout if you use IMAP - if you use POP
everything comes in to one mailbox, then you have to use filters to
separate them as they are received.  The key filter to use is 'source
account', then 'move to folder'.

I don't use POP, but I've never understood why the POP mail goes into
one mailbox, why isn't held separate like IMAP?

P.