Re: [Evolution] Imorting wizard

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 08:48 +0100, Alfred JILKA wrote:
I need something to use instead of the possibly upcoming outlook. Therefore I looked at evolution. I already tested with thunderbird, but the filtering mechanism appears to be quite buggy. Filtering is crucial to my job. Manually wading through hundreds of mails every day is just not possible. Therefore the mozilla project has nothing usable to offer.

If by filtering you mean Junk control, I've found TB more reliable than
Spamassassin, and the UI is cleaner than Evo's, but of course YMMV.

poc

I prefer Thunderbird filtering by a long shot over Evolutions. Much faster and neater. It takes up to 100 times longer to do a major mail sort (not junk) into mail boxes compared to Thunderbird. I fought for two months to get things working correctly and fast in Evolution.

I can filter 1000 messages in Thunderbird in under 2 minutes. On Evolution it takes over an hour from the Exchange server to my local mail boxes. And this is with one single filter and the same messages.

My one and only filter moves my mail from the Exchange (no pop or imap) server inbox to a local box.

Also, I found some of the messages I never could get the filters to actually move to the correct locations.

I know that the main speed issue is due to Evolution Connector but that doesn't deal with the filtering in comparison to Thunderbird's.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.