Re: [Evolution] spam filtering

On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 10:28 -0400, Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 10:18 -0400, Reid Thompson wrote:

Or, I believe, you can create filters for incoming mail to have
bogofilter do spam checks....
a quick google search should provide examples...

Sure, you can always do that.  I even have procmail filtering.  However,
that's not the same as having the bogofilter plugin, because it doesn't
integrate with the Junk/Not Junk buttons.  Specifically, to train using
filters, you need to train manually outside of evo.  (I did this with
bogofilter for a while before giving up and writing a plugin...)

Daniel

I believe you can integrate with said buttons...
if you setup filters for
   'Junk Test'-> message is not junk
pipe to program bogofilterchecknotjunk.sh

   'Junk Test'-> message is junk
pipe to program bogofiltercheckjunk.sh

and then...
rthompso jhereg: ~/bin$ bogoutil -w /home/rthompso/.bogofilter/wordlist.db .MSG_COUNT
                                 spam   good
.MSG_COUNT                        274    383

Then select a message and use 'Junk' button to mark it as junk and then
rthompso jhereg: ~/bin$ bogoutil -w /home/rthompso/.bogofilter/wordlist.db .MSG_COUNT
                                 spam   good
.MSG_COUNT                        275    383

then select the message and use 'Not Junk' button to mark it as not junk then
rthompso jhereg: ~/bin$ bogoutil -w /home/rthompso/.bogofilter/wordlist.db .MSG_COUNT
                                 spam   good
.MSG_COUNT                        275    384

After reading a bit, I'd suggest testing the following scenarios...

If checkbogofilter.sh does not have the -u option,
then bogofilterchecknotjunk.sh should contain

        #!/bin/bash

        bogofilter  -n < /dev/stdin

and bogofiltercheckjunk.sh should contain

        #!/bin/bash

        bogofilter  -s < /dev/stdin

If checkbogofilter.sh does contain the -u option,
then bogofilterchecknotjunk.sh should contain
        #!/bin/bash

        bogofilter  -Sn < /dev/stdin

and bogofiltercheckjunk.sh should contain

        #!/bin/bash

        bogofilter  -Ns < /dev/stdin