Re: [Evolution] Recovering cached mail

Mbox files are defined as rfc822 mail messages split by a blank line and
a line starting with From_, which is F, r, o, m and a space.

It's possible some of the lines in your mbox file don't follow this
convention, and maybe that's why Evolution is having a hard time parsing
it.

For example, I know many times messages have a From:_ line, rather than
a From_ line.  The colon matters.  So you may have to do some manual
replacements, e.g. in vim you can do :%s/^From: /From /g.

I hope that helps.  From some quick googling there are some scripts that
do guesses like this on the web.  You can look for Maildir to mbox
conversion.

Andrew