[Evolution] Appointment alerts in 2.8

Folks,

I suspect I've overlooked something obvious, so have mercy -- I had two
appointments set for today, and I set them up to give me a pop-up alert
15 minutes before the appointment. Both appointments passed with no
pop-up from Evolution. I'm running Ubuntu 6.10 and wonder if I need to
install some additional piece of software or something. I should say
that the alarms popped up on my Palm Pilot after syncing yesterday. So I
know somehow the alerts were attached to the appointments. (And I was on
time for the appointments!)

Best,

Pete
--