Re: [Evolution] Evo 2.8, new IMAP code & new vertical split-view

On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 13:02 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
Hi,

I have installed Evo 2.8 on my desktop and laptop (debian & ubuntu)
since a few days, and I have a quick comments to do:

- on the desktop (big 24" screen) the vertical split-view is really
better. I don't use the 2-lines-per-message presentation, but otherwise
this (long-awaited) change is really welcome.

- on the laptop, the IMAP code has never been particularly good but in
2.6 it was really awful to the point of being unusable: Evo was
constantly refreshing its IMAP folders. In 2.8 it works well and I'm not
forced to use the webmail anymore.
faster and very usable.
and crashes a lot less :)

There are still little weirdnesses in 2.8 (e.g. no more selected message
after pressing DEL) but overall I like it. Thanks a lot guys !

Add the inability to shutdown evolution strangeness .
Not easily reproducible .
/me pulling my hair out from my bald head

      Xav