Re: [Evolution] Outgoing Message Filters - Stop Processing

On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 10:00 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

I am using clamAV with Evolution to screen incoming and outgoing
messages.

Why outgoing?  Evo can't be spoofed into sending things like Outlook
can, so why scan it for viruses?

I understand but I might manually send someone a virus by adding an
attachment; perhaps I am being overly cautious.

Is there some way to stop the message from being transmitted in a
Message Filter for Outgoing mail?

No.  The filter is applied after the message is sent - it's meant to
be used to divert the saved 'Sent' message into different folders.
It's been discussed on this list before.

My apologies, I'm a newbie at using Evolution.  I searched for list
archives before sending my message and could find nothing before June
2006.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-hackers/
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-patches/

From your message, I presume their may be older archives.  Are they
to be found somewhere else?

In general, am I safe in stating that Evolution lacks a pipe through
command in its message filters as well as any sort of processing
before sent capability.

Tom