Re: [Evolution] evolution and large mails

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 01:10 +0200, guenther wrote:
[ large dump of random requests from bugzilla snipped ]

13. Make "Hide Read messages" a toggle, like "Hide Deleted messages". Or
(less radical) a keyboard accelerator for hiding read messages. I use
this a *lot* for some folders.

For a very similar thing I use Saved Searches. One of them: Display
unread mail, include the entire thread. That way, I even have those
unread mails in context, which I believe to be most valuable. (Search /

Such a saved search is accessible easily via keyboard by Alt+S <number>,
and can be cleared by Alt-S C, for example. That would be pretty much
what you asked for, possible right now.

Fair enough.

Anyway, feel free pick up either of your personal pet peeves. I recall
something about scratching an itch. And Evo was Free Software last time
I checked...

I have something of a talent for spotting bugs (as you may have
noticed :-) and very little talent for programming in the context of
such a huge piece of software with so many dependencies and conventions.
One must be aware of one's limitations ...

poc