Re: [Evolution] Downloading pictures

On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 18:48 -0400, Poohba wrote:
I am unable to get many html emails to show pictures.  I have the
address that the email is coming from in my address book.  I have load
images if sender is in address book enabled.  Why am I not able to get
the pictures in the html emails?  attached emails are there.  I have to
click the arrow to show.  is there a way to make that automatic also if
the sender is in the address book?

The problem is a bug in Evolution. It should download links to images
using the gnome http proxy settings, but it doesn't and tries to
download the images directly.

This is a pain because both a work and at home I have a mandatory proxy
and the respective http ports are disabled. There is no sense in running
a proxy when you have all sorts of programs bypassing it.