Re: [Evolution] evolution and large mails

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 00:47 +0200, guenther wrote:
Regarding your undo feature: I know this is a long standing request in
bugzilla. But interestingly, I (personally) never ever wished for such
thing. Since I have "deleted" mail visible [1], undoing this is like
one
click or keyboard shortcut away for me.  (Also, this does not break
threading or make sub-threads dance around, when starting deletion
with
the parent...)

Well I don't have deleted mail visible. In fact one of the reasons I
don't like Thunderbird is that there's no way to configure it to do this
"right". You can have deleted messages moved to a Trash folder but it's
a physical move. If you simply mark them as deleted they stay visible.

Anyway, even if I did grit my teeth and keep deleted mail visible
(including of course all the stuff that my filters have moved to various
folders because I *don't* want to look at them in my Inbox) I can still
forsee situations in which I mistakenly delete something without
properly looking at it and because Evo has moved to the next unread
message, which may be far away, it's not obvious *which* one I deleted.
This is my main beef and the reason I believe an Undo is necessary.

poc