Re: [Evolution] Evolution not working - can't find a solution!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Johnson" <ron l johnson cox net>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Evolution not working - can't find a solution!
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 16:08:34 -0500

Peter Barnes wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: guenther
<guenther rudersport de> To: evolution-list gnome org Subject:
Re: [Evolution] Evolution not working - can't find a solution!
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 21:04:11 +0200

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 16:56 +0100, Peter Barnes wrote: [...]
[snip]
I've used the commands again as above: Disable the preview pane:
$ gconftool-2 --set
/apps/evolution/mail/display/show_preview --type bool 0
Display the raw source message:
$ gconftool-2 --set
/apps/evolution/mail/display/message_style --type int 2

but they don't work now. When I start Evo, the Preview pane is
still open and the warning message appears and freezes
everything. Do I need different commands because the Trash folder
is open?

When I get Evo back to normal I will forward the offending email
if you can explain the best (safest!) way to do it.

Did you --force-shutdown?

I'm not very familiar with using the terminal but I tried the commands again and got the Evo warning message.
But in the terminal there is then no prompt I tried writing --force-shutdown (didn't do anything) and
evolution --force-shutdown (didn't do anything). So I clicked close in the warning message. This gave a
prompt. I typed evolution --force-shutdown and got:
Shutting down evolution-alarm-notify (Evolution Calendar alarm notification service)

Then I tried the commands again but with no success.
Peter