Re: [Evolution] Passwords not been saved

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 09:45 +0200, Ignacio Mas Ivars wrote:
Hi all!

I have just upgraded to evo 2.7.4 and now my passwords for the IMAP
accounts are  not been saved between evo runs. Every time I start I need
to type the passwords even though the 'Save password' option is marked.
I guess I am missing some update to some gnome component, but I don't
know which one and I don't want to simply make a hole system update. Any
hints on how evo 2.7.4 stores the passwords?

Thanks in advance,
/Ignacio

$HOME/.gnome2_private/Evolution stores the hashed passwords.
Some types of failures erroneously get classified under 'Authentication
Failed' which then removes the saved password and causes Evolution to
prompt.

You can capture such failures using CAMEL_DEBUG=1 on the terminal where
you run Evolution and file a bug report with the log attached.

Cheers,
--Harish