[Evolution] Re: junk filtering

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 15:00:07 +0100
From: Erik Slagter <erik slagter name>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Re: junk filtering

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 05:26 -0800, David Bicking wrote:
So is spamassassin a seperate package? Would it be
listed as a depencency that would be installed when
evolution was installed? From what I read, it sounded
like the filtering was built in to evolution, not an
external call to another package.

On fedora core the evolution package has a dependency on spamassassin
exactly for this reason.

Turns out that Ubuntu does NOT install spamassassin along with
Evolution. I installed it, and now see "learning junk" or some such
message in the status line when I click the junk button.

It would have been nice if evolution had somehow warned me that the junk
button was doing nothing because it could not find spamassassin, but
maybe the ubuntu people did something to suppress that.

At any rate, hopefully it is fixed now.

Thanks,
David