Re: [Evolution] problems with certificates..

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 14:33 +0100, Ati Rosselet wrote:
Hi.. I had a problem importing certificates in version 2.2.x.. and
assumed that it was the verion. I just upgraded to 2.4.1.. and the
problem is still there.  I am using SuSE 9.3.

When I go to import a certificate, it nicely asks for the password
etc.. but nothing happens.. same as when I try to import someone
else's certificate.

I tried running from the command prompt, and I got the following message:
importing pkcs12 from `/home/arosselet/Desktop/ati.rosselet-pgpkey.asc'
handle_error (7)
(this is/was a private/public pair)

or from another (not my signing cert, but a public key of someone else)
importing 2135 bytes from `/home/arosselet/temp/xyz.asc

which looks good.. but nothing shows up in the certificates..

What is wrong here? any ideas??

This usually means that the certificate is not in pcks12 format, but,
likely, in *.der or *.pem format (as used by ssl). AFAIK there is only
one way to convert these, and that is using mozilla or firefox. These
can export certificates to pkcs12 usable by evolution.

If someone knows a shorter route, I'd really like to know :-)