[Evolution] Error with notify app

Good day, all.

I am trying to get the Evolution calendar alarm to work on Windows XP.  I recently downloaded evolution 2.8 binaries from ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/ including glib 2.12.6 from ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/glib/2.12/ and extracted them in their appropriate locations (most importantly libgobject-2.0-0.dll into the \bin directory).

Evolution starts and works great (well, mostly), but the evolution-alarm-notify.exe app will not start.  It returns the following error when I attempt to start it manually from \libexec\evolution\2.8: "The procedure entry point g_type_register_static_simple could not be located in the dynamic link library libgobject-2.0-0.dll".  In my search of this list's archives, the only suggestion I could find was to download the latest glib, but I have already done that.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?  Thanks in advance,

Carey