[Evolution] Losing Preferences after a dirty reboot

Sometimes, (like just now) my laptop will hang for X reasons with signs
that it's doing some very hard seeking/reading of the HD but nothing is
essentially happening and everything freezes, (and the only way to get
things back up is to do a reboot), when Evo comes back up, all my
accounts list will be gone.

I'm not sure what that is, and it seems to only be affecting my
evolution configs.

Granted that I am using XFS for my home directory, (I know of it's
extensive caching features), I'm just suprised on why each time it's Evo
that loses it's data and not my other files/stuffs/configs. (Touch Wood)

I've made a backup copy of my .gconfd/apps/evolution directory and even
copied the backup apps/evolution/mail/%gconf.xml over the "new" one, but
it doesn't want to work.

Anyone has any clue why that would be the case?