Re: [Evolution] signature script

OK, I've been trying to hit this on the head once and for all.  Even
though this is getting OT, I'd like some help :)

So, signature *scripts* must output in html.  So I'm doing something
simple in perl:
----------
1  #!/usr/bin/perl -w
2
3  use strict;
4
5  print "<HTML><BODY>
6  <PRE>--
7  Iain Buchanan &lt;iain at blah&gt;\n\n";
8  my $f = `fortune -e -s`;
9
10 # escape naughty characters in $f here!
11
12 print "$f</pre></BODY></HTML>";

Notice line 10 - I'm looking for some function that does this already
for me.  I've looked at HTML::Parser and URI::Escape, but I don't think
they do the job.

I could do an s///eg; but then I run the risk of not doing it properly.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!!
--
Iain Buchanan <iaindb netspace net au>