Re: [Evolution] duplicate inbox

Sorry i wasn't clear the last time around. Its a bit hard to judge the
level
of comfort people have with the Evolution lingo we use generally. Eg
IMAP4 and
IMAP are probably widely used as protocol types supported in evolution
but i do
forget that they are also server supported protocols.

Once again, there is no "IMAP4" account type in Evo. It's called
"IMAP4rev1". *sigh*

Anyway the trace on the bugzilla does not look complete to me and it
also looks
like it wasnt with an empty cache. So can you please do the following
and attach
a new trace onto bugzilla.

btw, do you use a custom command like ssh -C -l %u %h
exec /sw/libexec/imapd from within
evolution to connect to the server/ local imap daemon ? If yes could you
try without it.

1) Remove ,evolution

For $DIETY's sake, *NO*.

Please, oh please, stop suggesting the user to fuck with his important
data. With the above comments in mind, sounds like you want him to clear
the IMAP cache. This is *not* the correct way.

This will remove all local Address Books, Calendars, Tasks, Signatures,
etc. Please stop telling the user to shoot his foot. I'm tired of
jumping in like this every second day.

FWIW, even removing the IMAP cache in ~/.evolution/mail/imap/$ACCOUNT
only may be more than you want -- the user could lose all mail flags.
Please think about potential harmful advices and remember we are not
talking about testing accounts but real live ones with important data.

...guenther  (who needed to vent)