[Evolution] right way to add keybindings?

I know it is possible to go into /usr/share/evolution/2.0/ui/ and start
hacking up the .xml files to add keybindings for the user, but is there a
more correct (and less invasive) way to have user specific keybindings?

I'm currently on evolution 2.0.5 on Mandriva 2005.

Thanks in advance,

        -Sean