[Evolution] contacts tabs

I am troubled by the removal of alphabetic tab selection within the
contacts window.  I know this was dumped several versions back, but only
now that I've populated my contact list more heavily has it become a
problem.  Finding a phone number by entering a search term or letter and
then sifting through the results is just a PITB, IMHO.  Is there a
plugin/extension or anything to allow this feature back again?

Gavin.