[Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Questions about evolution future plan

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 13:04 +0300, regatta wrote:

2- Is there any hacked version of evolution (one that some hackers
patch it with many unreleased patches so users can test it and use it
also)

The version in the HEAD branch on cvs.gnome.org

More information:

  http://www.go-evolution.org/Compiling_Evolution_from_CVS

Will this one is not what I'm looking for, I can download the CVS
version but I am asking if somebody (or people) is patching the
evolution with some non proved patches and using them

There's no "secret" version of evolution (well, not as far as I know).
Everything "bleeding edge" and "new" is happening in cvs HEAD.

You can find the pending patching in the evolution-patches mailinglist.

What version is being used by the developers is, of course, up to the
developer themselves. If they decide to pre-patch their checkout with a
specific patch (that isn't approved), then that's their own decision. I
don't think a lot developers do that (except the module maintainer of
the affected module) because once approved, it will generate a huge
conflict in their checkout.

Most of them (patches in evo-patches) who've in fact been approved (and
are committed to HEAD) have a reply where a module-maintainer approved
the differences.

So to get the most insanely unstable and bleeding edge stuff: just get
the version in cvs HEAD. It will be unstable enough for all developers
of this tiny world. If you're a developer, I assure you you'll like
it :-).

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at pvanhoof dot be