Re: [Evolution] Reply Options

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 16:11 +1200, Scott Arthur wrote:
Perhaps I should have explained myself a bit better.....

On 22/07/2005, at 3:43 PM, Not Zed wrote:

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 14:23 +1200, Scott Arthur wrote:

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to keep the original
message open after replying to it.

Dont close it???  It stays open without any interaction.

         I'm using Evolution 2.2.1.1 that comes with Ubuntu Hoary and
after sending a reply, the original message closes. I can't find any
settings that allow me to specify this behaviour. Does anyone have
any tips or tricks?

The original window doesn't close!

(Unless I've been using it so long, that I set it once, way back
in the 1.0 days, and it's been propagating forward ever since.)

Also does anyone know of a way to change the way original messages
are quoted in replies and forwards?

Try looking in the settings window perhaps?  How would you expect to
change any settings?

         I've had a good look through the settings and can't find
anything that allows me to change this. Again, anyone have tips or
tricks??

I know these are rather niggly questions but I am and admin and one
of my users has asked me these questions.

Edit->Prefeences
 Composer Preferences
 General tab
   Forward Stype
   Reply style

Evo does it The Unix Way, and AFAICT, these are the only choices
that it offers.  Unlike Outlook, which, because of Evil Top Posting,
generously gives you the choice of whether or not to indent the
replied-to message.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Has there ever been a war between two democracies?