Re: [Evolution] clipboard integration

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 09:21 +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
Unless I hear a good rationale not to, I'll file this a bug in a few
days time - presuming that's the best way to have it given
attention.

This is a limitation caused by X Window clipboard (or selection)
implementation. It is not specific to Evolution.

I think there are workarounds for that in gnome-settings-daemon from
GNOME 2.12 (and KDE has probably a similar daemon to workaround it in
klipper).

Thank you for the useful information.  Limited feedback I had so far was
pointing to it being Evo-specific, but if it's not then no need for a
bug report :-).  Unfortunately, I don't use gnome or kde, I choose Xfce
because I like it and it's kinder on my low-end PII PC.  Perhaps I'll
ask the good folk on that list if they know of a similar workaround.
Curious how the only app affected on my system is evo, which is why I
was blaming the deficiency on it  :-/.

Gavin.