[Evolution] Free/busy again

Starting a new thread...

Hi, Sævaldur,

... did you ever get this to work?

Sævaldur Gunnarsson wrote:

So I can safely assume that the free/busy feature does not work in current Evolution versions ?

Sævaldur Gunnarsson wrote:

Has anyone here been able to utilize the free/busy feature that
Evolution has without connecting to a groupware server ?

Not the posting part but the actual retrieval part when you schedule
meetings with people who have their FBURL set.

I used to have a script with Evo 1.4.4 to publish my Free/busy info when I sent it to a particular URL. With Evo 2.0.0, the automatic publishing to WebDAV appeared, but it didn't seem to work, at least not in Mandrake 10.1 CE--it was encoded some way that caused problems. Now with Evo 2.0.3, publishing works great.

But nothing seems to retrieve it, other than web browsers ;-)

Does anybody have current versions of Evolution retrieving free/busy info? If so, what does it take to turn this on?

And I know this isn't an Outlook list, but I thought this used to work with Outlook. But when I browse my server logs, the only requests for the free/busy URL published in my vCard is from me in a browser testing it. Nothing from Evolution or Outlook. I could've sworn this all worked a year ago, but now nothing. Any hints?

Thanks,

--
John Locke
"Open Source Solutions for Small Business Problems"