[Evolution] Spellchecking woes

I sure would appreciate some suggestions.

Suse9.2 with evolution 2.01.

Spellchecking does not work.  Tools --settings--composer--spellchecking
yield a blank white box where one normally sets the language.

However, when I called evolution as root  it did have spellchecking.

I thought this must be a rights problem and compared all the rights for
aspell with a working install -- they were the same.

I deinstalled and reinstalled Evolution but problm persisted.

This makes me think it must be something in the individual evolution
settings, but I sure cannot find where spellchecking info for each user
is stored.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
John Lederer