[Evolution] Ldap address book question

Hi All,

  I have been trying to track down anyone who has been able to
successfully add/modify contacts to an LDAP server. I am able to query
the LDAP for contacts successfully, but viewing the contact (or
attempting to save a contact to the LDAP), has all of the details greyed
out. This is with using the DN logon and the directory admin as the user
id (separate question - where do you enter the password for the
login ?).

I am running the following:

OpenLDAP v 2.2.26-3
Evolution 2.4.1

I have been able to successfully add contacts through a simple php page
to the LDAP server using the same credentials - so pretty confident the
access control is no the problem on the LDAP server.

Let me know if there is any other info required to assist with this
query.

Regards,

Chris