Re: [Evolution] mail directories

On Mon, 2005-12-26 at 21:23 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
Preamble:

I am a Eudora user, been one since v 1.34 or some such.

Question 1:     Where does Evolution keep the mail?

   Obviously you are talking about local email...

   ~/.evolution/mail/local/

Question 2:     Is each folder its own file?

     5 files.  1 mbox and 4 metadata files.

  Are folders grouped into directories?

    Subfolders?  Yes.

Question 3:     Can I set up Evolution so that different email
accounts' mail is in different directories?

    Yes, with filters.

                         In Eudora I do this by running multiple
copies of Eudora with different directories.

    Sounds like a hack.

                         This is different from running Eudora with
different personalities within one copy.

    If you say so... ;)

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Democrats piss me off!" -Eric Cartman