Exchange and Outlook->Evolultion Migration

Folks,

Just wondering how things work on MS Exchange and the conversion path
from MS Outlook-> Evolution. I've read docs such as
http://www.novell.com/documentation/nld/index.html?page=/documentation/nld/evolution/data/outlook-migration.html

and can't find a clear answer - probably because I'm not a MS Exchange
admin.

I understand that I have to install the evolution-exchange RPM or DEB to
facilitate an Evolution connection to MS Exchange.

Is all the data on the server - and therefore, no conversion required
through Mozilla Mail? Or are these migration steps required even for
users with MS Exchange accounts?

Thanks,
Mike