Re: [Evolution] Evolution on Solaris 10

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 10:03 -0600, William Schwartz wrote:
I've recently installed Solaris 10 and I'm trying to get the evolution
that comes with it to work with our Exchange server.  It's version
1.4.6.xxx.  The problem is it won't save the option to use plain text
passwords.  I know this issue was around a while and I believe is
fixed in the current versions but I really want to try and get this
version working as it comes with the distribution.

I've read a few threads and seen possible solutions involving editing
the %gconf.xml by hand but I'm not having any luck with that.

Try using gconf-editor, your changes are probably not getting propagated properly.

(I don't know the specifics of the problem, but editing the files directly by hand isn't likely to work).

is there a package available for a newer Evolution on Solaris 10 or is
there some other fix I can try for my current version?

thanks,
Bill