Re: [Evolution] Evolution, Upgrade from 1.4 to 2.0.0 on Mandrake

Has anybody been able to upgrade Evo 1.4 to 2.0 on a Mandrake distro?

I was upgrading and at the same time moving to a new hard drive.
I installed MDK 10.1, deleted the new .evolution directory and copied
the old evolution directory from my old HD and restarted evo 2

Ugh, wait. Where did you get that ~/.evolution directory from??

Did you run a 1.5.x version before -- at any time, just for testing? Or
did you run Evo 2.0 before moving your old $HOME over to the new Hard
Disk?

You are using Evolution 1.4.6 right now. So am I right by assuming you
always did your daily work with a 1.4.x version?

If yes, this would mean all your latest data still is/was in the old
~/evolution directory. But as the new dir existed, it set the GConf keys
accordingly. Check this by running in a terminal:

$ gconftool-2 --get /apps/evolution/version

Does it say "2.0.0"? Then it will not try migrating your data...

I posted a solution to the "force migrate FAQ" to this very same thread.
Seems like you could need it, if the above is correct.

If the GConf key for any reason is set to "2.0.0" any you are sure that
your latest data still is in the old 1.4 directory, this post tells you
how to force migration. Read it carefully and *back* *up* your Evolution
data first before doing anything!

  http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2004-September/039343.html

Nothing happens except the first time it doesn't really show the gui
although the process of evo is running including evo alarm.
After killing those processes and restart evo, the gou comes up as
usual, but not contact data.

No Contacts? You mean no data at all? No COntacts, no Mails, no
Calendar... Right?

I am mostly interested in moving the contacts from 1.4 to 2.0.
I can do the e-mail manually and I have been using imap for a while so
all the now e-mail are on the server anyway.
Again, how to move the contacts from 1.4 to 2.0?

Hope the above helps. If not, feel free to ask further with any info you
can provide.

...guenther