[Evolution] Date and time locales for 24 hour Canadians

Just FYI anyone trying to control the date and time format as displayed
by Evolution:

Being Canadian, I prefer the day / month / year format, but being
somewhat internationalized (not to mention a retired army officer) I
think in 24 hour time.

To get 24 hour time, someone recently suggested

        LC_TIME=en_GB

but the British locale has month/day semantics (or, maybe it's the en_US
that I suspect my system is otherwise running as). To get the day/month
order that I wanted, I found that this did the trick:

        LANG=en_CA

[There may be unintended side effects, but I haven't hit any so far]

ie, the command line that I use to run Evolution is along the lines of:

        LANG=en_CA LC_TIME=en_GB /usr/bin/evolution

Hopefully that'll be of interest to someone.

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie

OPERATIONAL DYNAMICS
Operations Consultants and Infrastructure Engineers

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/