Re: [Evolution] full-backup?

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 16:41 -0400, Charles (Ximian) wrote:
On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 16:45 +0200, Christian Buhtz wrote:
Is it possible to backup ALL (mails, settings, filters, everything) in
Evolution? So I only have to load the backup if I reinstall my system.
##################################
#GOOD BACKUP
#gconftool-2 --shutdown
#evolution-2.0 --force-shutdown
#cd ~
#tar -
cvzf /home/charles/evolution.tar.gz .evolution .gconf/apps/evolution
#GOOD BACKUP
##################################

I'm wondering if there's another step to this that I'm missing, because
I copied these two folders from my old install to my new one and had a
few problems:

1) Only one of my 3 addressbooks showed up. I had to manually recreate
the addressbooks and then copy the db files from the already existing
folders. This is no possibly related to the fact that the old and new
machines have different names.

2) I lost all of my spamassassin history. Whereas about 75% of the junk
used to wind up in the junk folder, I find that I'm training the spam
filters again from scratch. So far after 2 weeks I'm lucky if a single
email a day is recognized as spam.

3) No addressbook data is sent when I sync with my Palm, no matter what
the conduit settings.

Of course there's no proof that any of this is related to trying to use
my old .evolution and .gconf/apps/evolution, but it sure seems like it.

--
Ted