Re: [Evolution] Two problems; zombie and no sound alerts

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 16:07 +0200, Timm Riesen wrote:
Concerning sound:

I tried it with both, esd running manually, and in auto-spawn mode.
Esd is working fine ("esdplay somesound.wav works perfectly") with both
variants, but evolution is still not willing to play a sound, when e new
mail arrives.

Evolution 1.4 had an issue with sound not being initialized.  Some
distributions may not have the fix (to tell you the truth, I don't know
if it was fixed in 1.4). Either look for an update for 1.4 that mentions
gnome_sound_init() being added to shell/main.c - or update to Evolution
1.5.  It is fixed there.

Lonnie Borntreger