Re: [Evolution] First questions :)

The first thing I'd like to ask is how to sort by subject in the old
threaded way. Now I'm sorting mails by subject but it doesn't work the
way I want - for example I'm subscribed to various mailing lists and it
groups mails with the same subject together, but it doesn't "isolate"
different branches of the discussion. I don't care if all my mails are
in a treeview (but it would be the best option), but I'd like to have
"continuity" when I read mails.

There is a GConf switch, that enables threading-by-subject in addition
to threading-by-reference. The following command should set it:

  gconftool-2 -s /apps/evolution/mail/display/thread_subject -t bool true

I use procmail to 1) filter mails with spambayes 2) distribute my mails
in a dozen of different Maildirs. I can distribute mails in Maildirs,
but how do I filter with Spambayes ?

You mean within Evolution? Set up a Filter which pipes the mail to an
external app, deciding it's status by the return value. Or you can use
SpamAssassin, which is conveniently integrated in Evo UI to some extent.

Then again: Why do want to use Spambayes within Evo, as you already use
it called by procmail?

You still can use the environment you used to: fetchmail, procmail,
Spambayes, Maildir. There is a "Maildir" account in Evo.

I can download Mail with Evolution but I'd prefer using Fetchmail,
because it logs all mails in /var/log/maillog. Is there a way to
associate a command to the Receive button ?

No, there is no way to associate arbitrary commands to that button.

But if you are concerned about online time and can't let fetchmail poll
every few minutes on its own [1], you can set up a new launcher on your
desktop/panel calling fetchmail to retrieve mails. Yeah, it's a
workaround, but a nice one. ;)

...guenther

[1] with the added benefit of never having to wait till mails are
    processed, scanned and sorted -- they are just there :)