Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.4.6 losing connection to IMAP server

That doesn't really show the log, you have to fully quit evolution before running it.  I dunno, the log might not show anything either - its just the first starting point.

Courier has some bugs in its imap 4 rev 1 implementation, in 2.0 we hardcode to run against courier in imap 4 mode instead (more or less).  That may, or may not, be related (it probably isn't, i think it just means you get busted messages rather than hangs - but i cant remember).

There have been so many changes since 1.4, the 1.4 series is more or less eol'd, only major security problems would prompt another release for example (i.e. even if this bug you have is a bug in evolution, which it probably is, we would not fix it, not that someone else couldn't though).