Re: [Evolution] evolution on windows

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 14:56 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 07:57 +0100, Lehmann, Eckhard {TR-I~Penzberg}
wrote:
Hi,

I wonder if somebody ever has asked this question - Is it possible to
patch / change the evolution sources to compile on windows against the
gtk-win libraries, and then happily use it instead of funny MS outlook?
People have asked, some projects exist, don't know how serious any
are.  There are no windoze skills in the team to even consider it.
I could imagine that some good things could come out, when windows users
are able to run this great groupware programm and email client on their
platform...
Ugh, even more clueless people whining about the colour of the
buttons, oh joy.

a bigger annoyance would be people complaining to us about Evolution not
working on Win32 where the bug is in some win32-only port of Evolution
and/or its dependencies.

I just don't want to deal with that...

it's bad enough dealing with bug reports against Debian's forked version
of Evolution with unapproved patches being applied to it

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Novell, Inc.