test versions (was Re: [Evolution] How Best to use Evolution?)

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 09:44 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 15:24 -0500, Neil B. Cohen wrote:
[snip]
I did some work which vastly improves vFolder memory footprint on a
test branch (mentioned on the blood), but it looks like nobody cared
enough to try it out, so i'm not sure i'll care enough to finish it
off now.

We in the user community *always* appreciate it when a developer
reduces RAM usage.

If a test version (libs, bins, etc) can be totally installed in
/usr/local, won't squash my existing .gconf/apps/evolution and
.evolution (email is on an IMAP server), and I can easily switch
back and forth between 2.0.x and test, then I'd surely run the
test branch.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"Vegetarians eat Vegetables, Humanitarians frighten me."
Unknown